Wednesday, August 12, 2020

A Room of My Own: Viral Demons Tanka

Ninety-Seventh Entry, Coronavirus Poetry Diary

possessed
by viral demons for weeks
my old friend
paints the walls black
and covers the windows

FYI:  More people calling mental health help line as pandemic drags on: callers dealing with anxiety, family stress, problems with drugs and alcohol (CBC News, July 28)

Added: Ninety-Eighth Entry:

meteor shower
peaking on this night
of the outbreak --
across my skylight
a glimmer of hope

1 comment:

  1. Please give me feedback on these poems:
    Tanka:
    Nasal swab uptown
    COVID took my appetite
    Packed onto the bus
    Gratitude, love, joy and pain
    Take the bitter with the sweet.
    Haiku:
    Hazel's fiery strikes.
    Moonbeams aglow on the roof
    Wish upon a star.
    Senryu:
    Fuzzy old yard dog
    Corgi no match for her love
    Let the trumpets play.

    I have written 135 poems, mostly from southern rural African American perspective but I am not connected to any community of poets yet. I desire to publish my work but need some feedback.

    Marilyn Simpson, aha.plus920@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete