Sunday, May 12, 2013

Cool Announcement: One Eye on the Road

A Poet's Vacation Message


My Dear Readers/Poets:

                                                  a sickle moon
                                                  at the attic window . . .
                                                  layer by layer
                                                  Vincent's ghost peels
                                                  the crust from my night


In the back of my mind echo his words, "Every day is a journey, and the journey itself home."

In a few hours, I'll embark on a journey into the land of Starry Night, and, hopefully, I'll be back in shape on May 26th.

The following is the 2-week poetic food supply:

Editor’s Choice Haiku / Tanka

And  my haiku sequence, which was written after my 2012 Spain trip:

Journey through the Land of Melting Clocks

anything new
under the Barcelona sun
Casa Milà

a line of tapas
where does her love begin
and my desire end?

the full moon
at La Sagrada Família
unfinished me

Occupy Madrid
returning
to my mother tongue

Seville Cathedral
above a sea of heads
chirping swallow

Dante in Thought
is it possible to take
refuge in poetry

Dalí painting
on my water-stained wall
hometown memories

Modern Haiku, 44:1, Winter/Spring 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment