Saturday, October 3, 2020

Cool Announcement: A Freebie, Fire Pearls: Short Masterpieces of the Human Heart

My Dear Friends:

Publisher, poet and NeverEnding Story contributor, M. Kei, has made Fire Pearls: Short Masterpieces of the Human Heart available to read free online. This book is a collection of tanka, kyoka, cinquains and more. It is divided into five seasons (Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter, and Fifth Season including the poems that refuse neat categorization), reflecting the importance of nature and nature imagery in tanka poetry.

Selected Poems:

This morning 
surprised to find my back door 
unlocked 
after last night you slipped again 
into my dreams 

Angela Leuck 

her laughter 
trails out the window -- 
a bevy 
of blue butterflies over 
the moon-washed city 

Larry Kimmel 

her breast fits 
like a fruit in the curve 
of the small guitar --
and I would be her Picasso 
some Spanish afternoon 

Larry Kimmel 

moored in quiet, 
i stare past the stars 
into a morning 
borrowed 
from your smile 

Robert D. Wilson 

rip-tide 
slowly I return 
an occupied shell 
to the surging sea 
between us 

Beverley George

second time around --
you hold me tighter now 
even in sleep 
lest I visit the place 
where old wounds lie 

Thelma Mariano

truth lies 
shrouded in maya 
and beneath the veil 
once lifted 
truth lies 

Kala Ramesh

Another day closer 
to the end of my life 
without lovemaking --
a blue jay is screeching 
in the bare maple 

George Swede 

A full moon 
and coyotes howling -- 
we're naked 
on our hands and knees 
in the prairie motel 

George Swede 

the black negligee 
that I bought for your return 
hangs in my closet 
              day by day plums ripen 
              and are picked clean by birds 

Margaret Chula

long dark hair 
tossed until it's tangled; 
I use it 
to sweep up the crumbs of me 
you've failed to notice 

Janet Lynn Davis    

No comments:

Post a Comment