Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Butterfly Dream: Ocean Fog Haiku by Fay Aoyagi

English Original

ocean fog --
I can’t recall the name
of my first lover

Chrysanthemum Love, 2003

Fay Aoyagi


Chinese Translation (Traditional)

海上的薄霧 --
我不記得第一個戀人
的名字

Chinese Translation (Simplified)

海上的薄雾 --
我不记得第一个恋人
的名字
 
 
Bio Sketch

Fay Aoyagi (青柳飛)was born in Tokyo and immigrated to the U.S. in 1982. She is currently a member of Haiku Society of America and Haiku Poets of Northern California. She serves as an associate editor of The Heron's Nest.  She also writes in Japanese and belongs to two Japanese haiku groups; Ten'I (天為) and "Aki"(秋), and  she is a member of Haijin Kyokai (俳人協会).

1 comment:

  1. Visually evocative and symbolically rich L1, "ocean (symbolizing distance and difficulty) fog" (symbolizing hazy memory) sets the scene and mood while Ls 2&3 add poignancy to the haiku.

    And my haiku below could be read as a counter poem

    cherry blossom rain
    my first love's name
    comes back to me

    hedgerow, 123, 2018

    ReplyDelete