(FYI: Pagaviews, August 1: 49, 308 😂)
My Dear Friends:
NeverEnding Story reached a new milestone yesterday at midnight: the HIGEST monthly pageviews, 483,191 (FYI: On JULY 21, 2026, it reached 4 M pageviews ; as of now, August 1, pageviews: 4,322, 398)
I’m grateful to everyone who has shared this poetry journey. NeverEnding Story now seeks haiku and tanka with teeth—poems that bite hard.
Against the Drowning Noise of Other Words, CCCII: "peace and pieces"
Inspired by Andrei Tarkovsky's remark in his book, Sculpting in Time:
Poetry is an awareness of the world, a particular way of relating to reality.
And also in response to Donald Trump's Gaza "Peace Plan"
day to night to day
smoke columns climb without end
Israel wants peace:
piece by piece from Palestine
through Lebanon, Syria ...
The accepted haiku and tanka will be translated into Chinese and posted on NeverEnding Story and X. And you are welcome to follow me on X at @ericcoliu (5 following, 5,242 followers).
on the windowsill
two canaries singing
to each other
I tweet and retweet
NeverEnding Story 😋
If you do not breathe through writing, if you do not cry out in writing, or sing in writing, then don't write.
—Anaïs Nin
the clock stares back
before robinsong rising
my mind snow-white
I know nothing in the world that has as much power as a word. Sometimes I write one, and look at it, until it shines.
― (widely attributed to) Emily Dickinson who echoed this exact sentiment in her poem "A Word is Dead,"
A word is dead
When it is said,
Some say.
I say it just
Begins to live
That day.
Poems: Third Series, 1896
A poem after a poem after a poem is POWER!
― paraphrasing Margaret Atwood
Look forward to reading your poetry
Happy Writing
Chen-ou
No comments:
Post a Comment