My Dear Friends:
NeverEnding Story reached a new milestone late yesterday afternoon: 4 M pageveiws (FYI: On January 30, 2026, it reached 3 M pageviews)
I’m grateful to everyone who has shared this poetry journey. NeverEnding Story now seeks haiku and tanka with teeth—poems that bite hard.
Yellowing Memories, IX
surging Pacific ...
on its other shore Mom waved
I wave back in dreams
(FYI: This could be read as a sequel to my tanka prose below:
The Point of No Return
On the day of my emigration to Canada, a land of maple leaves and snowflakes that will eventually bury my past.
a parting
of summer clouds
mother
lets go of my hand
. . . and of my heart
Ribbons, 16:1, Winter 2020)
The accepted haiku and tanka will be translated into Chinese and posted on NeverEnding Story and X. And you are welcome to follow me on X at @ericcoliu (5 following, 5,242 followers).
on the windowsill
two canaries singing
to each other
I tweet and retweet
NeverEnding Story 😋
I know nothing in the world that has as much power as a word. Sometimes I write one, and look at it, until it shines.
― (widely attributed to) Emily Dickinson who echoed this exact sentiment in her poem "A Word is Dead,"
A word is dead
When it is said,
Some say.
I say it just
Begins to live
That day.
Poems: Third Series, 1896
Poetry is an awareness of the world, a particular way of relating to reality.
― Andrei Tarkovsky, Sculpting in Time
A poem after a poem after a poem is POWER!
― paraphrasing Margaret Atwood
Look forward to reading your poetry
Happy Writing
Chen-ou
No comments:
Post a Comment