Saturday, May 9, 2020

A Room of My Own: Divided States of America

Fifty-First Entry, Coronavirus Poetry Diary 

Reopen New York
one Trump fan hugs another
tight ... and tighter

business as usual
giant Stars-and-Stripes flapping
over a salon

FYI: The epicenter of the coronavirus outbreak in the U.S. is in New York, and is particularly concentrated in the New York City region. And these is a continuing series of violations of Covid19 restrictions across the US.


Added: Fifty-Second Entry

Repetition
for Søren Kierkegaard who called his melancholy “the most faithful mistress I have known."

death toll rising...
in illness and in fear
alone
with my drunken shadow
apart together

quarantined for weeks
with my drunken shadow
in the attic
I tanka-barricade the door
to my mistress's chamber

in dim light
my quarantined mind races
back and forth
between the old and new normal:
this world of masked faces

No comments:

Post a Comment