Monday, July 12, 2021

A Room of My Own: What has been will be again

Two Hundred and Thirty-Second Entry, Coronavirus Poetry Diary

after months
of wearing flip-flops
a masked woman 
in red high heels
teeters toward the mall

skateboarders
in backward baseball caps
zigzagging
across the downtown square 
first day of re-opening

a young dude
with a pack of cold beer
heads for the park
hip-hop songs blasting
at a mask-free crowd

a masked guard
in the breezy twilight
a dozen
line up at the clinic
with the Vax-A-Million sign

FYI: What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun.Ecclesiastes, 1:9, NIV


AddedTwo Hundred and Thirty-Third Entry

suddenly awake
with my heart beating fast
I hear my cry
in my disheveled wife's cries:
Vax-a-Million winner!


AddedTwo Hundred and Thirty-Fourth Entry

quarantined in an attic room
face to face with my inner child

No comments:

Post a Comment