Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Hot News: New Milestone, 1.9 M Pageviews and Call for Submissions

My Dear Friends:

NeverEnding Story reached a new milestone last night: 1.9 M pageviews (FYI: OJanuary 22, 2023, it crossed 1.5 M view mark

I am grateful to everyone who has been a part of this poetry journey. 


writer's block?
Oh, I don't have time for that ...
this moonless night
becomes darker and heavier
with rent hike and snowfall

three lines
into the first tanka
of this dark night ...
I pause and listen
to the void in my life


A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people. 
-- Thomas Mann

And 

Write only if you cannot live without writing. Write only what you alone can write
-- Elie Wiesel

musing, I cram
thoughts of being a poet
into five lines ...
this man's face, his silver-hair 
ripple in the lake of my mind
(for Sanford Goldstein, the father of tanka in English)

Ribbons, 19:3, Fall 2023

Chen-ou Liu


In a war situation or where violence and injustice are prevalent, "poetry is called upon to be something more than a thing of beauty." 

-- Seamus Heaney, an Irish poet, playwright and translator who received the 1995 Nobel Prize in Literature. 


Look forward to reading your haiku and tanka (see haiku and tanka submission guidelines)

Happy Writing    😎

Chen-ou

No comments:

Post a Comment