Monday, October 14, 2013

Butterfly Dream: Crossroad Haiku by Al Fogel

English Original

crossroad
as I reach for his hand
my son pulls away

So Little Time

Al Fogel


Chinese Translation (Traditional)

十字路口
當我的手伸向他的手
我的兒子將手摔開

Chinese Translation (Simplified)

十字路口
当我的手伸向他的手
我的儿子将手摔开


Bio Sketch

Al Fogel , 68, began his haiku journey about 3 years ago and has been writing haiku, senryu, tanka and haibun ever since. Some of his work has appeared in leading haijin journals around the globe. He has recently published two books: So Little Time and  Holding Hand-helds: Senryu for the Cyber

1 comment:

  1. This haiku's emotionally charged image of the son's pulling away his hand is enhanced by a second reading of the way the opening line, "crossroad," works in the poem -- on at least two levels, literal and metaphoric.

    This reminds me of one of my haiku that explores the same topic.

    my nephew
    doesn't let me hold his hand
    first day of spring

    Finalist, The 2010 Paper Wasp Jack Stamm Haiku Competition

    ReplyDelete