Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Hot News: Haiku/Tanka Reprinted in 90 E-Papers and Chen-ou Liu’s Haiku/Tanka Featured on VerseWrights

Launched on the first day of 2013, NeverEnding Story reached another milestone today:  its haiku/tanka have been regularly reprinted in 90 e-papers, four of which are Japanese. The newest members are The Natural Gazette of Poetry & Art edited by bryanbuchan, The Beat Poetry edited by Christian Alvarez, The Poetry-Gedichte Daily edited The Bee, The Random Rambles Daily edited by Random Rambles, The Anonymous Poet edited by Paul Liebert, Poetry: As Seen by Digital Eyes edited by M. Chase Whittemore, and The Poet’s Chime edited by Warren J. Devalier. For more information, see Hot News: New Milestone, Haiku/Tanka Reprinted in 80 E-Papers and Chen-ou Liu’s Signature Poems and its comment section.


And some of my haiku and tanka are featured on  VerseWrights's homepage:

he slashes
the shifting shadow
on the wall
below his attic room
an alley dog barking

a shooting star
streaking across the sky
loneliness
sneaks into my room
and mounts on my body

the weight of her name...
on a blade of plum grass
morning frost

flies buzzing...
a one-man funeral
in my head


You can read more of  my haiku and tanka on its website

Many thanks for your continued support of my project.

Chen-ou


Updated, Dec. 12

Glad NeverEnding Story reached 60, 000 pageviews today. And the newest member is Dodgybard’s Daily Digest edited by Ged Duncan


Updated, Dec. 14

Two new members are  The Ram Krishna Singh Daily edited by Ram Krishna Singh and The Howific Magazine Daily edited by Howific Magazine

Updated, Dec. 27

The newest members are Robin Dalton on Poetry edited by Robin Dalton and Down Kerouac Alley edited by Jason Gallagher

5 comments:

  1. 84 The Natural Gazette of Poetry & Art edited by bryanbuchan,
    85 The Beat Poetry edited by Christian Alvarez,
    86 The Poetry-Gedichte Daily edited The Bee,
    87 The Random Rambles Daily edited by Random Rambles,
    88 The Anonymous Poet edited by Paul Liebert,
    89 Poetry: As Seen by Digital Eyes edited by M. Chase Whittemore, and
    90 The Poet’s Chime edited by Warren J. Devalier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last haiku alludes to the following poems by Emily Dickinson:

    I heard a Fly buzz (465)

    I heard a Fly buzz – when I died –
    The Stillness in the Room
    Was like the Stillness in the Air –
    Between the Heaves of Storm –

    The Eyes around – had wrung them dry –
    And Breaths were gathering firm
    For that last Onset – when the King
    Be witnessed – in the Room –

    I willed my Keepsakes – Signed away
    What portions of me be
    Assignable – and then it was
    There interposed a Fly –

    With Blue – uncertain stumbling Buzz –
    Between the light – and me –
    And then the Windows failed – and then
    I could not see to see –


    I felt a Funeral, in my Brain, (340)

    I felt a Funeral, in my Brain,
    And Mourners to and fro
    Kept treading - treading - till it seemed
    That Sense was breaking through -

    And when they all were seated,
    A Service, like a Drum -
    Kept beating - beating - till I thought
    My mind was going numb -

    And then I heard them lift a Box
    And creak across my Soul
    With those same Boots of Lead, again,
    Then Space - began to toll,

    As all the Heavens were a Bell,
    And Being, but an Ear,
    And I, and Silence, some strange Race,
    Wrecked, solitary, here -

    And then a Plank in Reason, broke,
    And I dropped down, and down -
    And hit a World, at every plunge,
    And Finished knowing - then -

    ReplyDelete
  3. 91 Dodgybard’s Daily Digest edited by Ged Duncan

    ReplyDelete
  4. 92 The Ram Krishna Singh Daily edited by Ram Krishna Singh, and
    93 The Howific Magazine Daily edited by Howific Magazine

    ReplyDelete
  5. 94 Robin Dalton on Poetry edited by Robin Dalton, and
    95 Down Kerouac Alley edited by Jason Gallaghe

    ReplyDelete