Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Special Feature: Halloween-Themed Haiku Sequence

My Dear Readers:

It’s Halloween, everyone’s entitled to one good scare.
-- Brackett, Halloween, 1978

And

I would like, if I may, to take you on a strange journey.
--The Criminologist, The Rocky Horror Picture Show,  1975


Share with you the following Halloween-themed haiku sequence:

barefoot at the end
of the checkout line
crying Grim Reaper

Chen-ou Liu

Halloween --
I dress as the self
I left somewhere

Fay Aoyagi

blood dripping
off his silver scythe
4-foot Grim Reaper

Chen-ou Liu

Halloween twilight
again this year my son waits
alone by the door

Roberta Beary

Halloween dusk
the army of the dead
...and a barking dog

Chen-ou Liu

Halloween party --
after a few drinks
the masks come off

David Grayson

Halloween party
the lingering smell
of Grim Reaper

Chen-ou Liu


Happy Halloween and Be Safe

Chen-ou

No comments:

Post a Comment