Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Butterfly Dream: Old Dog and I Haiku by Marilyn Humbert

English Original

old dog and I
sharing the glow
winter sun

Stardust, 32, 2019

Marilyn Humbert


Chinese Translation (Traditional)

老狗和我
分享日照光芒
冬天的太陽

Chinese Translation (Simplified)

老狗和我
分享日照光芒
冬天的太阳


Bio Sketch

Marilyn Humbert lives in the Northern suburbs of Sydney NSW Australia. Her tanka and haiku appear in international and Australian journals, anthologies and online. Her free verse poems have been awarded prizes in competitions and some have been published.

1 comment:

  1. The buildup to the last line is visually and emotionally effective. The old dog and the speaker share not only the glow of a winter sun, but also the warmth of their intimate relationship.

    And Marilyn's old dog poem could be read as the opening haiku of my haiku set below:


    steady fall of snow
    the silence between me
    and my old dog

    Shamrock, 35, 2016

    spring sunlight
    my old dog jumping
    out of its shadow

    Hedgerow, 118, 2017

    ReplyDelete